Looking back on another successful ROI show, we can’t help but take a moment to jot down a few key sound bites from ESA’s 23rd annual New Business Conference. Before we do so, a special thanks to our panel of guest speakers … outstanding job!
Okay, here they are, in no particular order:
FROM THE HOME OFFICE IN RED BANK, NJ …
TOP 10 TAKEAWAYS FROM ROI2012
- Mitigate the advertiser’s perceived risk: Understand it, and deflate it upfront.
- Advertisers and agencies aren’t negotiating price, they’re negotiating preemptability.
- Yes and No make you money. Maybe does not. Don’t be afraid to walk away.
- Over 95% of local businesses don’t have a mobile site.
- Nobody wakes up in the morning and looks forward to going backwards.
- Master a :15-second opening and closing … bookend your dialogues.
- Forge an agreement between media and advertiser to share key information.
- Please don’t ever tell us retailers you are #1 at anything. We hear that too much!
- A meeting with no objections is not a sales call. It is a presentation.
- It’s all about the conversion of high-quality “A” leads.
Those are just a handful of highlights from ROI2012. We know there are dozens more, some of which are already in action … but the ten above will stick with us for a while.
On that note … plans for ROI2013 are underway. It’s not official yet, but you might want to circle January 16-18, 2013 on your calendar. Stay tuned to The Catalyst or follow ESA for more applicable media and retail intelligence every day.
Dave Eckstein is a Partner in the firm ESA & Company. He specializes in highly profitable market share growth for local businesses and gets a kick out of demonstrating a declining cost of customer acquisition. He plays baseball, but isn't that Dave Eckstein.